You could come across stuff on your Chromebook while surfing that you want to store for later. Screenshots are the most effective method for capturing and saving content. New users might not know how to use this functionality, though. Consequently, this post will assist you in learning various methods for getting screenshots on a Chromebook.
Chromebook: How to Take a Screenshot
Depending on what you want to screenshot on your Chromebook, there are various methods. Here’s how to snap full-screen, partial, and window screen captures:
1. Full-screen screenshot
The methods below will show you how to take a full-screen snapshot of your Chromebook, which will record everything that is displayed on the screen:
- Press the Ctrl + Show Windows keys on your keyboard, and a your screenshot has been saved notification will appear in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Alternatively, you can go to Quick Settings , click the Screen Capture button, and select the Full Screen icon.
- Finally, click anywhere on the screen to take the screenshot.
2. Partial screenshot
You can attempt taking a partial screenshot if you only want to capture a portion of your screen, and you can do so by doing the following:
- Press the Ctrl + Shift + Show Windows keys on your keyboard.
- You will see a crosshair cursor that you can drag to select the area you want.
- Finally, click the Capture button or press the Enter key on your keyboard to take the screenshot.
- Alternatively, you can open the screen capture tool from Quick Settings and select the Partial screenshot icon.
- Then select the part of the Chromebook screen you want to take the screenshot and click the Capture button.
3. Window screenshot
You can use the Window screenshot to only record the currently open window on your screen, such as a browser tab or an application, by following these steps:
- Press the Ctrl + Alt + Show Windows keys on your keyboard.
- You will see a list of windows that you can choose from.
- Then click on the window you want and press the Enter key on your keyboard to take the screenshot.
- Alternatively, you can select the Window icon from the Screen Capture toolbar.
- Then select the window you want to capture and click the Capture button to take a screenshot on your Chromebook.
When you take a screenshot, it will automatically be transferred to your clipboard and appear in the bottom-right corner of your screen. Your Downloads folder is where you may also find your screenshots.
Everything regarding how to take a screenshot on a Chromebook has been addressed. Check out our other guides as well, such as How to Rotate the Chromebook Screen or How to Connect a Chromebook to a TV.