When you want to meet up with a buddy, let your family know where you are, or need assistance in an emergency, sharing your location with someone can be helpful in a variety of circumstances. Thankfully, this post mentions a few methods you can share your position on your iPhone.
iPhone: How to Share Location
By using the following workarounds, you can share your location on your iPhone using Messages, Find My, or Mapsapp:
1. Share your location in Messages
Here’s how to share your position on your iPhone using the Messages app, which is among the simplest methods to do so:
- Open the Messages app and select the conversation with the person or group you want to share your location with.
- Then tap on the name or icon of the contact or group at the top of the screen.
- Now tap the Share My Location tab.
- Finally, select the duration of time you want to share the location from the given options.
- The recipient will see a map with your location in the message thread. They can tap on it to see more details or get directions to your location.
2. Share your location in Find My
The Find My app on your iPhone offers another means to share your whereabouts. With the help of this software, you can find and monitor your Apple devices as well as share your whereabouts with loved ones who also own Apple products. Additionally, if they revealed their locations with you, you can see them by following these instructions:
- Firstly, open the Find My app and tap the People tab from the bottom of the screen.
- Then tap the + icon on the People tab.
- Now tap the Share my location option from the menu.
- Then on the To field type the contact name you want to share the location with or tap the + icon and select the contacts from the list.
- Finally, tap the Send button and select the duration you want to share your location from the given options.
- Once, you share your location the recipient will receive a notification that you have shared your location with them. They can open the Find My app and tap on the People tab to see your location on a map. Also, they can tap on your name or icon to see more details or contact you.
3. Share your location on Maps
Following are the procedures to share your location on your iPhone using the Maps app:
First, locate the location you wish to share in the Maps app. Use the blue dot to indicate your current location, or use the search bar at the bottom of the screen to find a different one.
- Then tap and hold on to the location until a pin appears on the map.
- Swipe up on the card that appears at the bottom of the screen and tap on Share.
- Now select the app you want to share the location.
- Also, you can copy the link to the location and paste it anywhere you want.
- The recipient will receive a link that opens in Maps if they have an Apple device or else in a web browser.
Here are a few methods for sharing your location on an iPhone. Check out our other guides as well, like How to enable automatic translation in Safari on an iPhone or How to prevent iPhone apps from tracking you.