With the help of Google Assistant, you can easily voice-control your smart home appliances. With Google Assistant, you can do anything, such as switch on the lights, change the thermostat, or play some music. However, with the aid of this article, you can configure Google Assistant on your Android devices to respond to voice commands.
Google Assistant: How to Set it up and use Voice Command on Android devices (2023)
By using the following workarounds, you can configure Google Assistant and utilize Voice Command on many Android devices:
1. Setup Google Assistant on Android Phone
- Open the Google app and tap the More icon in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Then tap on Settings and select the Google Assistant option.
- Now tap the Assistant tab and scroll down to find your device under the Devices section.
- Tap on your device and enable Google Assistant if it is not already turned on.
- Also, you can customize your preferences, such as your language, voice, and personal info.
2. On Smart Speaker or Smart TV
Observe these steps to configure Google Assistant on your Smart Speaker or Smart TV:
- Make sure your device is plugged in and connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your Android phone.
- Open the Google Home app on your smartphone and tap the + icon from the top left corner of the screen.
- Then tap the Set up device option.
- Finally, tap on New Devices and follow the instructions to find and connect your device.
Use Voice Commands
You must say Hey Google or OK Google followed by your question or command in order to use voice commands with Google Assistant. You could say, for instance:
What’s the weather like today, Google?Google, start playing some music
Asking will yield more advice and voice commands of this nature.What can you do, Google?in the Google Assistant
That covers all of the necessary steps for configuring Google Assistant and using Voice Command on Android devices. Moreover, take a look at our other articles, including How to install the Google TV app and use it as a remote control or How to configure Chromecast on Google Home.