Have you just purchased a new gaming computer but it is difficult for you to identify which model of motherboard is in the middle of all these connections? Do not worry, as we will explain to you how to easily find yourself in this little confusion. Within 5 minutes, you will know how to find your motherboard model without having to open your computer case to configure your PC with new parts. In this guide, you will learn how to see what Motherboard model you have in detail below.
How to See What Motherboard Model You Have (2023)
You can check out the various methods and practical below tips to help you get to know or see what motherboard model you have without even opening the PC cabinet:
1. Check What Motherboard you have with Command Prompt
- Directly in the Search bar, type cmd without the quotes and press Enter key.
- A Command Prompt window will appear on the screen then enter the following command and press Enter key:
wmic baseboard get product,Manufacturer,version,serialnumber
- Finally, you will be able to see the following information related to the manufacturer, product, serial number, and version of your motherboard.
2. Use Windows System Information to see Motherboard Model
- Simultaneously press the Windows + R keys together on your keyboard.
- A Run dialog box will open, here type the following command and press Enter key:
- A window with System Information will pop up.
- That s it, here you can view items manufacturer, product, base motherboard version, and more.
3. Use third-party software to find Motherboard Model
You can also use third-party software to know your motherboard and many other components hidden in the case. For Windows, opt for Speccy or even CPU-Z software which will help you gather a maximum of relevant and detailed information on the composition of your computer.
That is all you need to know about how to see what Motherboard model you have. While you are here, you might be also interested to know other guides here:Best Motherboard for AMD Ryzen 7 5800x CPU, andBest Motherboard For Ryzen 7 3700X.