As many of you are aware, Elon Musk, the businessman behind Tesla and SpaceX, is now in charge of Twitter. There are suspicions that the microblogging network is bound for a quick and uncontrollable decline. Many people merely want to stop using the social media platform, so if you want to deactivate your Twitter account for any reason, I’ll explain how to do so below for both your web browser and iPhone.
How to Deactivate Twitter Account from a Web Browser
The steps listed below can be used to disable your Twitter account from any web browser, such as Firefox or Google Chrome:
- From any web browser, go to Twitter.com and log in with your account. As you can see, there is a vertical menu on the left.
- Just click on the More icon, the one with the three dots inside a circle, so to speak.
- Click on Settings and Support.
- Click on Your Account .
- Then just select the option Deactivate your account . In this section, you can read quite a bit of information that might be useful to you. For example, the social platform informs you that you can recover your account within 30 days of deactivation or that you can download your data before deactivating.
- Finally, once you make the decision, you just have to click on Deactivate , the item highlighted in red and your Twitter account will be disabled.
How to Deactivate Twitter Account from iPhone
You’ll be happy to know that you can deactivate your Twitter account immediately from the Twitter social app if you’re reading this instruction on an iPhone. Actually, there are a few steps involved and the process is valid for Android tablets and smartphones as well.
- Open the Twitter app on your smartphone/tablet.
- Click on your profile icon at the top left.
- Press on Settings and Support .
- Press on Settings and privacy .
- Click on My Account .
- Click on Deactivate your account .
- If you have made a final decision, confirm it by pressing Deactivate to disable your Twitter account.
That is all there is to know about deactivating your Twitter account from an iPhone or web browser. Check out our other guides, which are available only on TechNClub.com, including How to Unmention Yourself on Twitter Threads and How to Fix the Nothing to See Here Twitter Error.