You might be asking how to copy an iPhone to a new iPhone if you have purchased a new one and want to transfer all of your data from your old one. Cloning an iPhone entails making a precise duplicate of your old device, complete with all of its settings, applications, images, messages, contacts, and other data. You won’t lose your information or preferences and can start using your new iPhone in this way. You may easily copy your old iPhone to a new one using the methods in this guide.
iPhone: How to Clone Old iPhone Data to New iPhone
There are two basic methods for transferring data from an old iPhone to a new one in order to create a copy:
1. Using iCloud
- Make sure both iPhones are connected to a Wi-Fi network and have enough battery power.
- On your old iPhone, go to Settings and tap on your name card.
- Then tap the iCloud tab.
- On your iCloud settings screen, tap the iCloud Backup tab, then tap the Back Up Now tab. Wait for the backup to complete.
- Then turn on your new iPhone and follow the on-screen instructions until you reach the Apps & Data screen.
- Tap Restore from iCloud Backup and sign in with your Apple ID and password.
- Finally, choose the backup of your old iPhone from the list and tap the Restore button. Wait for the restore process to finish.
- Your new iPhone will have all the files, apps, and data transferred from your old iPhone.
2. Using iTunes
- Firstly, connect your old iPhone to your computer and open iTunes.
- Then click the iPhone icon in the upper-left corner of iTunes and select the Summary tab from the left panel of the screen.
- Under the Backups section, click the Back Up Now option and wait for the backup to complete.
- Then disconnect your old iPhone and connect your new iPhone to your computer.
- Now follow the on-screen instructions until you reach the Apps & Data screen.
- Tap the Restore from iTunes Backup option to copy data from your old iPhone to a new one.
- In iTunes, click on the iPhone icon again and open the Summary tab from the left panel.
- Then click the Restore Backup option under the Backups section.
- Finally, select the backup of your old iPhone from the list.
- Click the Restore button and wait for the restore process to complete.
These were the limited methods for copying your old iPhone to your new one. Check out our other guides as well, like how to create folders on an iPhone or share your location on an iPhone.