In order to produce stable photographs even when moving, modern smartphones use image stabilization technologies including OIS (Optical Image Stabilization), EIS (Electronic Image Stabilization), and HIS (Hybrid Image Stabilization). Even with the greatest Android camera, though, there are times when you might take blurry pictures. Some third-party apps can be used to fix these photos, and this tutorial contains a list of some of the finest ones.
Android: Best apps to fix Blurry Pictures (2023)
You could still end up with fuzzy images on your Android phone, even with the best image stabilization solutions. Unfortunately, the built-in Android utilities can’t be used to fix these photos. However, there are some third-party apps that you may use to fix the smudged images on your Android phone, and here is the list of the top ones:
Google created the free photo-editing program Snapseed, which is available on the Google Play Store. On your Android phone, it offers several strong image editing features including Tune, Sharpness, and Structure that can correct blurry pictures. Tone Curve is a cutting-edge tool used in top-tier professional software to produce more realistic or contrasting photos by modifying the color, white light balancing, and other factors. Use Snapseed to enhance your photos by following these instructions:
- Open Snapseed on your Android phone and select the blurred image.
- Then tap the Tool tab and select Details from the list.
- Now select the Sharpening tab and set the level of sharpness you want by typing the number in the text box and tapping the OK button.
- The number you set for sharpness will reflect on your blurry picture.
- If you think sharpness is not sufficient, tap on Sharpening from the top screen and select the Structure tab.
- Set the depth of Structure by typing the number in the text box and tapping the OK button.
- Structure helps to highlight the objects in the image. Hence, it is recommended to adjust the Sharpening settings first before using the Structure tool to fix the blurry picture on your Android phone.
- Once satisfied, tap the tick icon from the bottom of the screen.
- Finally, save your image by tapping the Save button and selecting the resolution.
2. Remini– AI Photo Enhancer
Another strong photo editor is free to download from the Google Play Store and is called Remini. This program creates high-definition photographs by using AI to correct any blurry, damaged, outdated, or pixelated images. The steps below can be used to fix pictures with Remini:
- Open the Remini app on your Android phone and select the Enhance option from the home screen.
- Now select the image you want to unblur and enhance the quality.
- The image will load and on the new screen, you will see the Before and After image quality.
- Drag the slider to the left to see the image quality after enhancement.
- To see the preview of the image before enhancement, drag the slider to the right.
- If you are satisfied with the result, tap the download icon from the top right corner of the screen to download the image.
- You can use the Enhance+ option if you are a premium subscriber to create HD images.
- The only drawback of Remini is that sometimes it can t give you as accurate results as you need. This is more common when you are using side-facing images or an image with too many objects and details. But most of the time it gives you the desired result.
Another AI-powered photo editor to unblur the photographs is called Fotori, and it is accessible on the Google Play Store for free. A range of tools are available in this program to edit your photos and improve your appearance. But if you want to utilize these services for free, you either have to preserve the watermark or sign up for a premium account. Follow these instructions to restore the image’s blur on Fotor:
- Open the Fotor app on your Android phone and open the image you want to sharpen.
- Tap the Enhance or the AI enhancer option from the bottom panel of the screen.
- The image will load, and the result will be shown on the screen.
- Drag the slider left and right to see the before and after image enhancement results.
- Also, if you want to get more sharpness you can tap the Structure and Denoise tools from the bottom of the screen to unblur the images.
- Once, satisfied tap the download icon to save the image on your gallery.
The list of the top Android applications for fixing blurry photos comes to an end at this point. Check out some of our other guides, like the Best Android Emulators for Mac OS 13 Ventura or the Best PDF Software Editors (Free & Paid).