You will have access to the Xfinity Comcast email service if your family has an Xfinity Comcast subscription. Your Xfinity email address is generated when you sign up for services and is connected to the main account holder. From your account settings, you can make new email addresses.
There are ways to keep your child safer while emailing, even though the email service provided by Xfinity Comcast doesn’t technically have parental controls.
Xfinity Connect Email Account Management
You can access your @comcast.net email address with the downloaded Xfinity Connect app, which extends your Comcast services to mobile devices (Apple and Android). The parental controls are stored in this app.
How to Change Your Child’s Display Name?
From the main Xfinity interface, create the email account for your child. If this is your child’s first email address, you’ll probably keep an eye on who and when they correspond with. To safeguard your child’s identity online, you should still consider changing his or her display name.
The name that appears in the “From” box of an email sent is known as the display name. A smart approach to prevent spammers from getting your child’s name is to use a nickname or a pseudonym. The following describes how to modify your Xfinity Connect display name:
- Select Preferences from your Xfinity Connect dashboard.
- Click Email on the Preferences page.
- You can fill out a form with the subject line Your name on emails will be on the Email Preferences page. Fill it out appropriately.
How to Set Spam Filters?
- Go to Advanced Settings by selecting the gear symbol on your Xfinity email dashboard.
- Enable spam screening by clicking.
- You can select to check the Save a copy of emails identified as spam box if you want a record of any potential spam that might reach your child’s inbox. Otherwise, they won’t even make it to the inbox before being erased.
How to Set a Comcast Email Safe List?
You can also create a very restricted inbox on your Comcast email account that only accepts emails from particular email addresses. Emails from any address not on the safe list will not be transmitted, giving you control over who your child can email.
- To go to Settings, click the gear symbol.
- Please select Advanced Settings.
- Enter the email addresses that your child might get mail from by going to Email Safe List.
How to Set Incoming Xfinity Email Restrictions?
The advanced feature in Comcast’s email service also enables you to build several email filters. The user has the ability to sort through incoming emails thanks to this comprehensive system, despite the fact that it is a more challenging task. You will specify the criteria that activate the filter and the consequent action to create a filter.
- Click Add new rule after selecting Filter rules from the Settings page.
- Fill up the field with the name of your Rule.
- Following the instructions after selecting Add condition (more details here).
- Identify your Action.
- Press Save.