It’s okay to keep oneself signed into your Google account at all times if your computer is kept at home or in a secure office and is never used by anyone else. The same applies if your phone is always within easy reach.
But, since it only takes ten seconds to login back into Google, you might want to think about logging out of your Google account when you’re finished using it.
Also, you should develop the practice of periodically logging out of Google if you use a shared computer or have a tendency to leave your phone or tablet laying around.
This is due to the risk of allowing access to your email, Google Documents, any files in your Drive folders, your calendar, and a ton of other sensitive information when you leave your Google account signed in.
To log out of your Google account, follow these steps.
How to Sign out Of Google on A Computer?
There is no justification for failing to log out of your Google account because it couldn’t be much easier. Almost any Google page, including your Gmail or a Google Doc, allows you to perform this action.
- The upper right corner of the screen should include your personal photo.
- To access a dropdown menu, click the image.
- At the bottom of the menu, select “Sign out.”
You have now successfully signed out of Google. Do you wish to re-sign in? Simply click the “Sign In” button in the blue box that replaced your profile image and follow the instructions Google provides.
How to Sign out Of Google on An iPhone?
There is one significant distinction between logging out of Google on an iPhone and a computer: When you log out from your Google account via a mobile browser, you won’t also be logging out of your Gmail app or any other Google apps.
Here’s how to go about it:
- Open your mobile browser and go to the Google home page.
- Touch the top-right corner of your profile photo.
- In the menu that displays, tap “Sign out” at the bottom.
Now you’re done. See? It’s actually so simple that it’s difficult to find an excuse not to do it.
How to Sign out Of Google on An Android?
On an Android, signing out of your Google account is a little different because you can’t do it via a web browser. To sign out of your Google account, you must access Settings.
- Touch Settings, then choose Accounts.
- Choose Google.
- Choose Remove account when you see the options to Sync now and Delete account at the bottom of the screen.