While on a Call, Alert Me to Incoming Calls:Have you ever been accused of not returning a call when you didn’t even receive a call notification? You know, it’s not all your fault. Many smartphone users are already aware that when we’re talking to someone on the phone and a different person tries to call us, it may appear to them that we don’t value them enough to return their call. But in reality, we get absolutely no information about it.
Do you understand why this occurs?
It’s because your smartphone could not always let you know when someone else calls when you’re currently on a call.
Your smartphone has an option that might assist you decide whether or not you wish to be informed about these calls.
You’ll discover how to enable call waiting notifications when contacting someone and how to receive incoming call notifications while on another call in this article.
How to Get Incoming Call Notification While on Another Call (Android)
Many people might be surprised to learn that there is a way to guarantee that you never miss a call while on another one. The Call Waiting feature, which is accessible on all modern cellphones, works in this manner.
We can help you with this issue if you use Android and have trouble getting call notifications while you’re on another call.
We can’t directly solve it for you, however if you follow these instructions, you should be able to:
- Open the Settings of your smartphone. Scroll through the menu until you find Apps, and tap it open.
- On the Apps tab, you ll again see multiple options. Here, you have to find and select System App, which is generally at the end of the list. When you find it, tap on it.
- Here you ll find a list of all the system apps that you use on your smartphone, including camera, messaging, gallery, and so on. To edit the call waiting settings on your smartphone, select the Call app.
- You ll see a list of options with a small arrow located next to them. Find a Carrier Call Setting on this list and tap on it.
- If you have two SIM cards on your device, you ll find both cards on the Call waiting tab. Pick the SIM card whose setting you can to change, and tap on it.
- On this last tab, you ll see a message like this one: While on an active call, notify me if there is an additional incoming call.
- Next to this message, you ll see a toggle. If it s turned off, it means that you re currently not eligible to receive a call waiting notification. To change that, all you need to do is switch the toggle on.
Congratulations! The call-waiting feature on your smartphone is now operational.
How to Get Incoming Call Notification While on Another Call (iPhone)
iPhone owners are unable to alter any setting on their smartphone without becoming lost in the process. It’s because Android and iOS clearly have different user interfaces and functionalities. However, the method is not all that dissimilar from Android smartphones when it comes to the call waiting feature.
The steps below will show you how to activate the call waiting feature on your iPhone.
- On your iPhone, navigate to the Settings icon and tap on it to go to your Settings tab.
- The first option that you ll find on the Settings tab is of Phone. This option is also the one you ll need to open in order to accomplish the task at hand today.
- When you tap on the Phone icon, it will lead you straight to the Phone settings tab. Here, you ll find a list of options. The option of Call waiting will be located at the lower part of the screen. When you find it, tap on it to alter your call waiting settings.
- The next tab that you ll be taken to will only have one option: Call waiting. Right next to it, you ll find a toggle, just like the one we discussed in the last section.
- So, in order to be able to receive call waiting notifications, all you need to do is swipe right on the toggle to turn it on.
Having Trouble With Receiving Incoming Call Notification When Calling Someone?
We’ve already covered how to use your smartphone’s call waiting feature while you’re on another call in our blog post. But what if you accidentally clicked something and are now unable to receive any call notifications at all?
Take a big breath first. No matter how well-equipped your smartphone is, we know that occasionally, technological problems may arise. You need our assistance in situations like these, and in this one we’re delighted to provide a comprehensive list of solutions.