Since the launch of the hybrid platform, the so-called drift issue has plagued Nintendo Switch Joy-Cons or Controllers. Fans have engaged in looking for methods to get back to playing without issues on their beloved Nintendo Switch, even if Nintendo currently does not appear willing to officially remedy the problem (despite acknowledging its presence). In any event, we’ll explain how to quickly, cheaply, and easily resolve the Joy-Con drift difficulties with Nintendo Switch controllers in this post.
Fix: Nintendo Switch Controllers Joy-Con Drift Issues (2023)
The Joy-Con drift issue has almost definitely affected every Nintendo Switch owner. Simply simply, problems with motion detection are caused by the pad (often the left one) incorrectly identifying the neutral position of the analog.
While acknowledging the issue, Nintendo has never made a decision on any official solutions, instead leaving it up to the fans to find a remedy. You can use the techniques described here to breathe new life into a Joy-Con that you bought at the console’s launch and has been plagued by drifting issues for years. These techniques are among the many amateur instructions that are available.
How to fix Nintendo Switch Joy-Con Drift Easily and Quickly
This procedure just requires two supplies, both of which are readily accessible on Amazon: a WD-40 Multi-Use Product with SMART STRAW SPRAYS 2 WAYS lubrication and a WD-40 Specialist Contact Cleaner Spray. The steps are as follows:
- Remove the affected Joy-Con from the Nintendo Switch console.
- Use a thin object (like a toothpick) to gently pry the silicone sleeve off the analog (do not remove it, just lift it slightly).
- Spray the lube into the space you ve created, just once, no more.
- Rotate the analog for a while and wait 2 minutes.
- Spray the contact cleaner 2-3 times on the bottom of the analog. Light sprays are enough.
- Flick the analog back and forth for about 5 minutes.
- Wipe off excess oil with a cloth.
- Test your Joy-Con. The problem should be gone now.
That is all there is to know about resolving Joy-Con controller drifting difficulties on the Nintendo Switch. Check out our other articles, which are available only on TechNClub.com, for more Nintendo Switch troubleshooting tips, like How to Capture Videos on Nintendo Switch and How to Fix Hulu Not Working on Nintendo Switch.